Sunday, July 21, 2019

catching feelings in Bohemia



Miles and miles away from home
I waltz my way across a profound alien town
As we walk across the cemetery intersections
I notice the depth of your voice,
So deep, it sends shivers down my spine.

Few nights later,
We walk up the Stalin wall
One drink after the other
I may be losing my grip
I couldn’t blame myself
The air is infectious up here
You give me your hand
safely guiding me along the rickety stairs
I feel your naked flesh for the very first time
Your hands briefly clasped upon mine.
Bees swarming upon my head
I try to brush your thoughts aside
Only to be consumed by it again.

As the Days go by…
I steal glances of you, time and again
That tender aura you emanate
the way you brush  your hair
those penetrating look in your eyes.

How I wish at times
I could understand you better,
The continent you hail from,
The values you adhere to,
the silly jokes you laugh at,
the story behind the void in your eyes
reflecting from time to time.

I close my eyes
Swaying myself in this picturesque city
seeming like a fairy tale,
haunted with  tales of passion and love.

If wishes were horses,
I would with all my heart
Make you a wreath for your beautiful finger
Adorned with lilacs and lavender
Wedding you in my memory forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment